Cleaning a bathroom is a must as it doesn’t take long for it to lose it’s shine. We’ve put together 10 top tips to help you get your tiles dazzling and your bathroom smelling fresh once again, without using too much elbow grease.
1. Keep a window squeegee in the shower so you can use it on the tiles and shower door after your shower, to stop water marks appearing.
2. Help air to circulate to prevent mildew forming, open windows or turn on fans when bathing or showering
3. Clean drains and pipes by using a combination of 1/2 cup bicarbonate of soda down the plug hole, followed by 1/2 a cup of white vinegar. Let sit for several minutes before following with two cups of boiling water.
4. Remove soap scum from tiles and shower doors by running a damp tumble dryer sheet over them.
5. Old toothbrushes are good for cleaning grout around your bathroom tiles, taps and tights spaces around the sink.
6. To remove limescale build up on shower heads, place a ziploc bag half filled with a combination of bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar and leave for a few hours. Rinse shower head once bag is removed.
7. Clean slats on a bathroom blind by using an old sock. Slightly dampen the sock and place on your hand to wipe dust and grime from the blind.
8. Pull shower curtains closed after showers to prevent water sitting in the folds. If you notice mould growing, treat with a diluted solution of bleach and water.
9. Place a liquid filled sponge in the shower filled with 1/3 dish soap and 2/3 vinegar. Every time you take a shower, use the sponge to scrub the walls and you’ll always have a clean shower.
10. If you’re going on holiday or away for a weekend, pour some diluted vinegar down your plug holes and put the plugs in to prevent nasty smells on your return. This will also help to keep your drains clean.