Organising your kitchen can not only leave it looking neat and tidy, it can also help you move around when cooking much more efficiently. We’ve put together 10 Top Tips to help you organise and leave your kitchen looking fresh.
1. Pick up some nice jars or containers from your local charity shop and condense all those open packets of pasta/rice/flour in to them. This not only looks nice and tidy but it frees up space in you cupboards.
2. Attach a dish towel rail or utensil rod under your cupboards to clear space on the counter tops.
3. Store all plastic tubs and pots with their lids in a deep drawer, making then easy to find in a hurry.
4. Use containers and baskets to organise cupboard items, group similar food items together to allow you to find them easily.
5. Place frequently used utensils together in a jar or drawer near the oven to allow you to reach them with ease during cooking.
6. Assess which items really need to sit on top of you counter and which can be stored in or on top of cupboards. This will make cleaning your counter tops easier.
7. Check all your cupboards for out of date foods and rotate any new foods so that you use the older items first.
8. Donate/sell or recycle any gadgets, cookware or utensils you don’t use anymore. If you don’t use an item in your kitchen, it’s just taking up vital space.
9. Keep all spices in racks or drawers near the oven. This will not only make them easy to reach when preparing meals, it will keep them neat and tidy.
10. Use drawer dividers or cutlery trays to keep your cutlery and utensils organised and in place.